Thursday, June 24, 2010

Today I am.....

Today I am tired. I had a great sleep and so did Taj, again. But, today I am honestly going to say this is hard work. Yes I have a supportive x husband, who is still my best friend, but it is still hard work. I am very lucky to have found new friends to fill a family void and to also cherish the lovely friends I have had for years. My new friends have no idea how much they mean to me, and how they have become more then just friends, they are building me a little family. I am not actually sure if my old friends also know this?


Today I am sharing images. Beautiful images of my girl. This is the reason I get up everyday. I am a mum, and my mum gave me this gift to be the best mum I can be. She brought me up in a way that showed me to never give up. Today is hard. Tomorrow maybe hard too. But being a single mum does not mean you can just give up. My mum never did, and I am sure she also curled up in a ball and cried. She also got up, wiped her tears and kept going.

My tears are wiped.

10 comments:

  1. Hugs Hayley. I can't imagine how hard at times it is. Thank you for your honest post. You definitely are an awesome mummy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of hugs Hayley. I am feeling a little lost as a Mother today. I am quite sad as I had a horrible night last night with my tween. I love her to bits and just find it so challenging sometimes.
    You are doing a fabulous job Hayley!
    Thank you for sharing X

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH OH OH I forgot to say:
    Pictures=STUNNING!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. First things first HUGE hugs.

    Ok so I was just saying today that I NEVER known how much my mom went through as a single parent. My Hubby has been traveling a lot lately giving little glimpses in single parenting. IT IS THE HARDEST THING EVER! So cry, NO ONE will think less of you. You are a Mum, human, and real.

    Thanks for always telling us like it is, your honesty is SO refreshing.
    SMOOCHES,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you and Taj finally got some sleep Lovely! You know I think you're wonderful but just in case you need to hear it again - you are doing an amazing job and you should be so proud of yourself!!!
    Coffee soon I promise!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images Hayley. Sounds like you're having a rough day but looking at the positive. It's ok to have bad days, bad months - even bad years. You're doing the best you can and I reckon that's always good enough :)
    p.s Also I think the glasses you picked out in your birthday shopping post are awesome. Have you seen the new cover of Frankie magazine?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. Your new glasses are AMAZING!!! I want them. Melita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Hayley
    Lots of love and big hugs to you. I think you are an amazing person and I take my beanie off to you. I think it's the hard days that shape and make us into the mothers that we all are. The easy and the hard go hand in hand. It's the yin and yang of motherhood. Your posts are always so honest and refreshing. Tomorrow will always be a better day. Melita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought frankie bron! Is that me on the front cover?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hayley,
    You are so inspiring! My mother was a single mother of 8 and I know she cried so many times and wanted to give up. I'm so glad she didn't and I know your children are so glad that you aren't giving up. Everything you do, you do for them and one day they will know this. You are strong and brave and beautiful! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Here's big hugs and kisses coming your way. xoxo, Kristi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails