Saturday, April 2, 2011

forest the racehorse

Forest is back. She is back and running faster than she was before. I am meant to be running every 3rd day and still rockin' the boot for the next 2 weeks at least. But the rebel in me, and the obsessed runner has ran 5 days in a row and kicked the boot the last 3 days. I know what some of you might be thinking. {No lectures allowed}!


I road run. I am allowed to road run. I place that music in my ears and I dance with two feet. I am the happiest I have ever been in my whole life, and I dance alone. I dance with my little people, and my friends, but this happiness is me. I did this. I built myself to be who I am today. I had pieces put back by friends, by strangers, and by my little people. I was the one that put the puzzle together. I am happy. I still feel a little lonely, but I think that is very normal. And it is only natural to want to dance with someone when I feel so groovy!

I need this right now. I am feeling it. I am feeling my body say yes. I have knocked 3 minutes off my personal best. I am running like a racehorse straight from saltwater pool training. Every bit of pain associated with my mum's birthday approaching has gone. Every bit of awesome is being processed. I feel I was born to run. And when it hurts or feels good again, I run. I put those legs to work.

I am listening to my body, and my physiotherapist. I am being guided through this. And I feel awesome; all kinds of awesome.

enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. run baby run...perhaps i need to dust off the runners and meet you this week for beach run!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails