Thursday, February 3, 2011

keely's first day at kindy {big school}

The first day of school is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for mum. I thought I would be fine. I thought I would be able to stop those tears from filling my eyes. I thought wrong. As soon as the principal started to talk about their buddies and how we find them, the tears came. Keely was at my feet completely happy and excited for her first day. She did not see her mum turn to a puddle.


One word sums it up for me, and that is, proud. I don't think I have ever been more proud of her than today. Keely smiled from the moment she woke up this morning until the moment I kissed her goodnight as she went with her father late this afternoon. There is no doubt she will be a great student. Any child that loves to step into those shiny black shoes will do great things with their lives. And if she wears that smile and is happy, she could do anything for her mum to be proud.


Rock on Keely! x

14 comments:

  1. Great post Hayley...beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! this is the grade level i use to teach before becoming a mum! it is such an emotional day for everyone, but now as a mum i can fully understand why and how the mummy's get so teary!

    i am glad she had such a great day! She looks over the moon :) I bet her buddy was excited to get such a cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow what an emotional day for you...and yes, she is so amazing...both of your sweet kids...;)...really a special kind of moment for a mum...right? ...thanks for sharing these lovley photos with us and all the best for the first school week...cheers and hugs...i...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I love the one of the little man holding the camera!! Cutey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, first day, ahhhh . . . being a primary school mum is a blast!! Enjoy the northern beaches, i'm a St Ives girl, so know it well. How cute to have buddies & welcome cards, what a lovely way to start the journey. My eldest starts high school on Monday, she's already had lovely letters from all the girls in her morning group (they mix years 7 to 12 in house streams, so you'll always know someone in every single year at school) - it's so exciting!! Glad i have 3 left in primary as i don't think you walk them in to year 7?? Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I a have been lurking here for a while but your post today brought me back standing in that puddle I was in yesterday when i waved bye to my boy on his first day. You are right it does hit you like a ton of bricks quite unexpectedly. Keely is gorgeous, Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Keely. You look so cute in your uniform and no buddie will be able to resist that smile xx

    ps. Go Mama too - awesome job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is adorable! My daughter will be five in March and will start kindergarten in the fall. I already know I will be holding back the tears! thecoolkidsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks precious! I was also bursting with pride when Amelia started. She's blown me away by handling it all so well. Good luck for today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. rock on Keely!! I am going to cry, such a lovely post, gorgeous pics, beautiful smiles everywhere.

    you did well H, nice one. I'll be the puddle on Monday..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! She looks excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, Keely...She is so cute in her uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Keely! And I must say, the cutest photo of your son carrying your ginormous camera! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails