Friday, February 4, 2011

accepting defeat

It is ok to cry. It is ok to say that today you cannot do anymore. It is ok to stare at the dishes in the sink and completely loose it. I had one of those moments on wednesday. There was too much going on in my head. I had a list too long of 'to do's' for one person to handle. I do wish I was a write it down list person but I am not. I put it all up there, in that head of mine. But it overloaded and even the thought of washing the dishes was too much for me. The thought of doing anything that was in my head was too much. I was even too busy to help my daughter hang up her school dress for her first day of Kindy. And that was enough to make me feel like a defeated mum. A bad mother.


There are moments where I know I personally have to believe that I am awesome. That I can do this. I can raise these little people, and I can be successful at the same time. And then there are times when I have to put that hand up and ask my friends for help. That is what I did. I actually waved both hands around like some poor person drowning in the ocean.

I put my hands down, and I washed the dishes. The list is starting to fall into place.

We all have our days, our moments, and for me it is accepting that they will come, and luckily go. And to not be afraid to ask my friends for help. {thank you Sophie x}


Happy weekend! Flick Friday for me. I have gone back to a chick flick.; not sure why I do this to myself!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww hayley. You are very welcome. I am glad to hear you are getting through the list just one thing at a time. It's the only way to tackle such an overwhelming thing! The flyer looks so awesome and on monday I will post a message on our intranet at work so the whole of ACP knows about it too! Just give me a bell anytime u need help ok! I am just around the corner!! 

    I am a list person. And it does help just to get it all out of my head so i dont have these jobs spinning around in my head constantly, but then once I see it spilling over 3 A4 pages that's not a good feeling either! We can't win can we...!

    And next time we go swimming can u wave your hands around like a person drowning in the ocean?! I'd love to see that and I will save u!!

    Enjoy your chick flick! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, hayley...i know exactly what you mean...;)...sometimes i have these days, too and then i say to me...hej, girl...let it go and except that you are also only a human...no less, no more...and its so good to have people who could give you the feeling back that everything goes the right way...like your friend sophie...;)...thats one of the most important thing in life...have good friends in good and in bad times...;)...i wish you a cozy and much more relaxing weekend with your sweet kids...take care, my dear...hear of your heart...and you are so good how you are...;)...cheers and hugs...i...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hayley, I know where you are coming from! There’s no rule that says you have to be a superhero. :) You do so many amazing things so well! Lots of Love to you and your sweet Family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good cry often helps me feel better and then I can just get on with it. With the tears falling I feel that little bit out of control, but then I get myself back together and I find a new energy to succeed. I loved this post ... Hope your weekend has been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better now. We do have our crying days and it's ok. It's ok to cry and it's ok to accept that we really can't do everything. One step at a time...

    You are a great momma.. wish I can hug you right now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails