Thursday, February 10, 2011

calico and ivy

Last weekend I photographed a beautiful and quaint shop in Balmain, Calico and Ivy. I drove up and could not believe my eyes.


The big number 10, and the most gorgeous woman outside with the biggest smile waving at me. Sarah is the face behind the shop here in Sydney. There is also one in Perth, where the owner, Vanessa lives. Sarah is full of personality, and spark. She has a way with people, she is such a classy lady, and so talented behind the sewing machine.


When I walked inside I was hit with the wow factor. There were some pieces that Sarah had sewn herself, and I was begging her to make some things for Little Pinwheel... I am still begging!


I wish I could sew! Why is it that creative people wish they were awesome at all things creative?


The trip across to the other side of the bridge was awesome. Tunes were playing, and a coffee at arms reach. I could get used to Sunday road trips, especially if I get to meet people like Sarah, and discover cute shops.


I will share more images once they are in print. {Thank you Lexi x}

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! What more can I say.
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG awesome pictures Hayley - its fabric heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those pics are beautiful, cant wait to see more ! well done Hayley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I would love a shop like this near where we lived. All the fabric shops are dark and dingy with fabric dating from about 1972!Awesome pictures xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails