I know a number of you are interested in knowing what is happening with the search for my biological father and what has happened with my biological mum since we made contact. I thought now is good time to share with you where I am with all of this, before it becomes a huge post! For now I will share some of what has been happening, I am not ready to tell all yet.
I received the medical history of both birth parents, along with a run down on the day I was given up for adoption. It is nice to have some questions now answered. I will give you a run down on the important things, well the parts I find interesting for me and with me now having children of my own.
- I am quarter german (growing up I had so many people ask what nationality I was)
- both birth parents under 6ft (explains why I am not so tall)!
- bronchial asthma (only really had sickness and sport induced asthma, but explains where it comes from)
- birth mother's father has blue eyes as do both her siblings (she has a brother and a sister)
- birth father's sister has blue eyes (he has two sisters)
- I weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces
- I was 52cm (wow, that is long for a shorty)
- I was "offered" to my mum on 6th July 1977 and she was delighted! (go mum)!
- birth father interests include surfing
- birth mother interests include art and home economics
I love the part about the "offering" in my package of information; got to love the fact my mum fell instantly in love with me. I wish she was here today so I could use that as leverage if we were ever having one of our fun payout sessions. Birth father being interested in surfing shows why I am naturally a beach bum and probably tells me I should get back on my board. My birth mum being interested in art shows where I got my creative thinking and somewhat talent from..... now the home economics is a different story as I am not the cook of the house that is for sure. I must take after my birth father on this one.... when I meet him I will have to ask him if he is the cook of his house.
A few more things have been happening and I will share those with you soon. For now the search continues for my birth father and I am feeling quite positive about this. I have found with all of the emotions and feelings you have through this process it is best to stay positive, even when it is not going so great.