Monday, January 11, 2010

the pirate party

Over the weekend, my girlfriend through a pirate party for her son's 4th birthday. This lovely friend of mine is an expert at parties and always has the kids giggling and playing. There were pirate games which led to the discovery of the treasure box. From the one legged peg leg race, to pulling out snakes with a hook on their hands, to digging for shells in the sand and being very quiet to not wake the crocodile, to walking the plank and finding the treasure.


The outfits the children were wearing were fantastic and it was great to see them all get involved in being pirates. I think Sebby enjoyed his 4th birthday party and so did all of his friends!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodnees, oh my goodness! I LOVE pirate stuff for little boys - it's my nephews birthday next week and he is pirate obsessed so I am in the pirate frame of mind looking for a gift. Arrrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Party! Looks like the kids had so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, my daughter will be three next month & I am desperate for some good party ideas, girls & boys will be invited, we live in a flat & it is the deep of winter in the south of France at the moment, so my options are limited... Any ideas???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice! wow, a winter party! I am a lover of pass the parcel, where you wrap up gifts for each child into one big pressie and they each pass the parcel around until the music stops and that lucky child gets to open it up and see what present they have received. I have only just bought all the items to go in my daughter's pass the parcel for her birthday party this weekend.

    I love craft, so there are items that the children can do things with, not things their parents won't want them to have. You can always do craft activities with an indoor party....that would keep them busy for a while!

    I hope I have been of some help! Parties take a lot of time and effort, especially if you are like me and doing it all in the week of her birthday party! Talk about leaving it all to the last minute!! I think as long as they have a great cake for their party....it seems to be what matters to them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails