Friday, January 21, 2011

talking breasts

My boobs are mine again. I have finished feeding. Yes I am the marathon woman who has breastfed my son until he was 2 and 3 months. This was my choice to feed him until he was 2, as it was for my daughter. When I finished feeding Keely my milk had stopped producing. This time the milk is still here, and I have two hard breasts. Bigger than normal, but I have no doubt they will deflate and I will be left with two prunes!


I personally felt it was time to have me back. Not that I had gone anywhere, but I wanted to have my body my own. I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable feeding Taj. Even though it was at home for his sleep, it was still uncomfortable, and uncomfortable in the sense it felt weird him being on there, not because of outside pressures. I didn't feel any pressures feeding both my little people for 2 years. I am proud to have fed both of my children for as long as I did, and I should feel comfortable to say that I am proud. Feeding is a personal decision, and as women we should have the right to make this decision to feed, or not to feed and opt for the bottle, and for how long we decide to feed for.

So today I say I am proud of me. I am proud of my two little breasts for feeding and nourishing both my babies. I am also proud of Taj for accepting the fact that he is now a big boy and the boobs are gone. It has been a week today. He still asks, but asks with a little chuckle in his voice.

This weekend is going to be awesome. I have two new books that I bought yesterday, and I have already been immersing myself in one of them. I have been sitting in bed, pillows perched up, and reading just as I remember my mum reading. Have a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Good on you for feeding your darlings for such a great stint and congrats for getting your boobs back- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Hayley, you should be proud and your babies are lucky to have had your nourishment for so long.
    Time to buy some new bras perhaps? That was the best thing about when I stopped breastfeeding. Buying some nice underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done!! That is a MASSIVE effort Hayley.

    I fed Zac until he was about 18 months and Tom until he was 13 months. Stopping Zac was hard but I too wanted my body back and NEEDED it back, as I was underweight and vanishing and I was losing alot of my nutrients in the end. I also started to feel "weird" feeding him. It is funny how something just clicks in our brain and says "yep, time to stop now".

    Enjoy having your body back again and the yummy cuddles you can both have at nighttime now without the breasts being Taj's!

    What books are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to you and doing what's best for you and your child :) I am trying to wean my 28 month old-3rd child-atm and feeling similar to you, I enjoy BF so much but feel it's time to get my breasts back too! Please how did you do it? I am finding it hard and even bought some dummies as she never had one but she isn't that in to them and starts screamimg 'boobies'!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your post x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should be proud! it's a great gift to have given your little ones & for that long.
    I breastfed Aidan until he was just over 2 and it feels like it was just yesterday.

    such a wonderful bond with both of them because of breastfeeding.

    hope your breasts get back to normal..don't worry about the sagginess, it's all part of life's process ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! Fantastic effort feeding for so long with all the pressures put on Mums these days.. My littlest poppit weaned himself at 13 months and I was so sad...

    You must feel like a new woman having you body back!! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Hayley! Both my girls lost interest in breastfeeding within the first 12mths, but my son Phoenix I breastfeed until he was 2 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for breastfeeding. I tandem feed my 20 month old and 3 month old and it's full on! It's my decision as I know it's best for them and at 20 months, Sage just isn't ready to wean. Her older bro feed until he was over 3, so i won't be getting my boobs back for a while! I do get touched out and over it at times, particularly at night, but do love to snuggle with my bubs. Enjoy your new freedom! Imagine being able to wear clothing which you don't have to ensure your breasts are accesible from!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous little face. And nice work on feeding for so long - my sister did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Congrats on getting your twins back (hehe) but also for not giving in to pressure and doing what feels right for you. He's a sweet little bunny your Taj (and I LOVE that name!). Have a great weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should definitely be proud, what a fantastic achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done - what a gift to your son. The nourishment and connection they receive from breast feeding is priceless. I fed my little girl for exactly the same time... 2 years and 3 months :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails