Wednesday, January 26, 2011

aussie aussie aussie

Today was Australia Day. The weather completely turned it on in Sydney and I was very lucky to have the morning to myself. It was rush hour for my walk in the morning on the beach, (yes walk, no running for a little while), the cafe was quiet as the beach front was a bustle with breakfast cooking, and I was lucky to find a quiet patch of sand up the beach where I could just be. It has been a long time since I just laid on the beach and completely relaxed and let the busy beach around me float into the distance. It was also nice to pop the head up and watch the Australian culture truly alive.


People were playing beach cricket, there were Australian flags everywhere, on faces, on tents, on umbrellas, and draped around prams. The water was full of laughter, swimmers, and surfers. It was a beautiful moment to take in.

And to think tomorrow morning it will be quiet. Just the normal locals doing their morning routines.

Happy Australia Day!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, what a beautiful Sydney day - our little beach that had about 5 people on it on Monday was heaving - but fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so lovley...fine to have these special moments in life...;)...wish you a happy rest week...enjoy your time...a big hug my dear...cheers...i...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails