Tuesday, January 18, 2011

my commitment

I finished my second book. I actually finished it a week ago and I have yet to buy another book to replace it. I read Committed, Elizabeth Gilbert's sequel to Eat Pray Love. There has been a bit of talk about it being a let down after reading Eat Pray Love, and I will admit I read about 10 pages and I was not enjoying it at all. I closed Committed.


I reopened it not long after as there was not much else to do while drinking my coffee, and I was a little over people watching. I put my head in the book and listened to her voice in the way that she was putting it across in this book. It was different, and it was meant to be different. It was a continual life story from Eat Pray Love, but it was so much more than that.

From this book I took a lot. It gave me a different perspective on marriage and relationships. I believe there is still someone out there for me. Someone that I will grow old with. For now I will walk my path, and hold their hand if they ever come along.You can still fall in love when you are 80. If I walk my path alone, I will still be happy with the commitment I have made to myself.

Now to choose a new book! I have had a few recommendations, and I might have to go with one of them. I spent a good half an hour looking at covers, reading the back of a lot of books, and walking out with nothing. You should not judge a book by its cover, but I sure do.

note: I do not judge people by their covers. There is a lot more to someone than meets the eye.

3 comments:

  1. like always so honest and so from the heart...deep...thanks, my dear for all these wonderful posts...hopefully you feel better now...a big hug and take care...cheers...i...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful post and so very honest. I also think your incredible for being so strong and committed to be content with whatever path your currently on in your life.

    As for recommendations for books, unfortunately I have none... maybe you could share a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You MUST read She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Don't be turned off that Oprah has now claimed it as part of her book club! I read this book when I was 17(Nah! I discovered it before you did Oprah!) & read, I mean, devoured it in one night. It is the only book that I have read more than once & everyone I've recommended it to loves it. I must warn you though - it is a bit heavy, but it is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails