Wednesday, September 1, 2010

spring cleansing

The first day of spring. It is time to get outdoors, put the sprinkler on, hear the laughter of little children, smell the flowers, listen to the birds, and suck in all life has to offer. The change of the seasons are beautiful. There is something about being swooped by a magpie that is protecting its new babies, treading in dog poo, getting sunburnt, and loosing the top of your ice cream. Oh that is right, that is my childhood. No longer do we seem to tread in dog poo as we now have to clean up after our dogs, the birds have their nests relocated if they are in a suburban area causing "trouble", we now protect our skin with caked on sun cream, and ice creams are now served more on a stick then in a cone.


Today I start my cleanse. I am organised. Well one can only think they are organised. I was meant to lead up to this so I did not have those awful headaches from no coffee and all those naughty treats one likes to eat. But of course I drank way too much coffee yesterday, ate my saturday waffle on a tuesday, ate a whole block of black and greens chocolate and ate my favourite fluffy white toast at my cafe. It is not all bad. Yes I may have a headache today, maybe for the next two days, but I am heading out the door to soak up the lovely spring sun. I am going to put my feet in the sand, walk to the other end of the beach, enjoy a few pieces of fruit and drink a lot of water. I will pop in and say hi to the locals at my cafe, and smell their coffees!


Today I start my cleanse. Today I continue to walk in the right direction. Build a beautiful life for my children and be happy with the person that I am. Who says it needs to be the first day of the year to make something of your life.


Off you all go, play in that sun, and if you have rain, pop on those gumboots and splash in the puddles!

5 comments:

  1. Yippeeee! Spring, Cleansing, Sunshine, Sand, little people, giggles, smiles... all things to be happy about! It's going to be an awesome day, week, month, year! Whoot. Im excited. Good girl for being ready! Im glad you got all those fixes in yesterday. Only 6 more sleeps to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE springtime in sydney. Just don't care for it much when i'm on the other side of the world ha. And very much love your positive energy. It's infectious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of you on your cleanse. More power to you sister! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, all the blogs I have read this morning have focussed on the spring clean. Me too, yesterday I made a mental note of all the 'to do's for the coming season. Can't wait to start them. It was cold and raining here in Melbourne so hopefully with spring comes some sun and motivation for me to actually do my to do's.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails