Wednesday, September 8, 2010

spring cleansing :: second phase

Today marks the day that my cleanse is officially over. But for me it isn't. I have decided that I feel awesome. I feel the best I have felt in years, with my mind, body and spirit. It is time to go to a second phase in my cleanse. I will now introduce new foods, as I really cannot continue to eat like I am forever, unless of course I take supplements to make up for the lost nutrition. But I must also say that I feel very nourished!


My favourite meal would have to be the pumpkin curry I made the other night. Seriously it was amazing, and is on the list of meals for today. I bought a smaller can of coconut milk and made a smaller batch then the recipe said to make, and lucky I did as I ate the whole thing! That is one thing I have found, is I eat more then I have ever eaten and I don't feel bloated, or "fat." I know I am far from being fat, but you are listening to a bulimic that will never really see her "real" size. One day I might, but I have not been able to see me for over 15 years.


The fruit balls were also a hit for me and for Taj. They are incredibly simple to make and are my chocolate substitute as they are high in sugar. All I did was grab a heap of dates, pretty much the whole packet, placed them in a food processor until they all stuck together in a sticky dough. I then spread out heaps of coconut on a plate. I used shredded coconut. I rolled bits of the date throughout the coconut, making sure it went through the date and rolled it into a ball. I am sure you could mix other dried fruits in there too and make different balls, but I am so hooked on the dates, I don't feel the need to play with the fruit balls. The recipe for the pumpkin curry is found HERE, and I added raisins, coriander, and I used rocket instead. All worked well. I am sure if you are not doing a cleanse you could add a bit of yoghurt with the curry. I love yoghurt with something a bit spicy.


Today I can introduce one coffee a day into my second phase. It is to be a soy coffee. I think I can do this. I am about to go off for my morning walk and then have a soy latte. Oh how much I have missed my cafe, and wow how much I used to spend there!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you enjoyed the cleanse! I did it as well and I have to say I am feeling so much better. I will definately have to try those date balls as they sound so yum & I am a big date fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Hayley! I started on Monday so i am in my third day and loving it, though I did have a headache the last 2 days.
    I am loving my herbal teas and my fruit for breakfast.
    I will have to make the curry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hayley,
    We met yesterday, I was the friend of Sophie's. I had the curry last night for lunch... then dinner... so yummy. Love coconut milk. Today I am going to make your date balls, they sound good, but when I got home yesterday I discovered I had no coconut. Still deciding whether to hit "the cafe", you know the one... it will be hard to walk past but at the same time I think the smell of coffee will be enough for me today.
    Anyway, I will be sure to say hi when I see you next on the beach. Have a good day and enjoy the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are doing and feeling well! The curry sounds delicious...I think I'm going to have to give it a try. Hope you are having a beautiful day. xoxo, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brav to the O! Well done beautiful lady. You've made me salivate!

    Dates are high in iron. Did you know that? If not, you do now. BOOM! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails