Thursday, June 21, 2012

how I wear 35

Change is good. Change makes us feel somewhat new inside. It is like the old saying, change is as good as a holiday. Although, not sure where my holiday is right now. It must be an inner holiday, as the sun is not shining, and if I were on holiday, the sun would be shining. The inside of me is having a cleanse out. This lady is happy. And I am wearing my 35 with colours.

today is coral

Inspired by miss pottymouthmama herself, I am popping my lips for a bit of self confidence boost. A little fo-shizzle as Lexi put it yesterday on instagram. I am not a heel wearing, makeup lady, but this woman wants to try something new. 

Yesterday I rocked myself into DJ's, to the MAC counter. I was a little nervous. Lip colour on a lady that only wears paw paw gloss on her lips, is a little nerve racking. I was not going for a natural colour, I wanted the instant pop of colour. Grow some balls and just do it.

now they are hot pink.... still think I look someone else
And that I did. Three popping colours later, a new mascara and some bronzer I was out of there with smacking hot pink lips. I turned heads at school pickup, even Keely's head. She grinned from ear to ear, and instantly wanted her lips painted pink. And that she did. We had a girl's night out. Dinner, just the two of us, pink popping lips, and big smiles.

Thank you Lexi, you have no idea what confidence you have pumped back into my body. Today I am wearing coral. You told me it would be fun to rock it during the day, and empower me, and I am rolling with the fun. Empowerment; maybe that comes when I have the confidence of wearing smacking colourful lips. Every time I look in the mirror I think it is an impostor!

smack those lips together.... I am wearing 35, and having a holiday at the same time.


Do you wear lippy?

9 comments:

  1. You are rocking the lipstick Hayley. I used to wear lippy religiously but since having kids and getting busier paw paw cream is also normally my makeup of choice :) However, lately I have been feeling like a revival, you have inspired me to get it happening x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a paw paw girl myself I think you have inspired me to rock the lippy too. Tomorrow I will head out in search of the perfect colour for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous. Can you share the colours as the coral in particular look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kirsty! the coral is my fav... it is called, girl about town. the two pinks I bought are vegas volt, and impassioned. Take care, H x

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! And happy belated birthday x

      Delete
  4. Good on you Hayley, you are so awesome x Also, I love the fact that it made Keeley smile, I can relate as when I put on a nice dress or spend time doing my hair my daughter's face lights up and she tells me I look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you Hayley, you are so awesome x Also, I love the fact that it made Keeley smile, I can relate as when I put on a nice dress or spend time doing my hair my daughter's face lights up and she tells me I look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME HAyley - love the poppy lips! in fact I might take a cue from you, and go in search of some lip popping colour too, and crawl out of my pawpaw comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails