Thursday, December 30, 2010

eat pray love

I have finished the book I was reading, Eat Pray Love. I read a book that has been around for years, and one that I didn't even know existed until Julia Roberts made it look so good. But truly that still did not make me pick the book up. It was my lovely friend who told me I had to read this book. (For the record, I have not seen the movie yet).


At first I was a little hesitant to read a book that had a big element of religious beliefs. But you do not have to be religious to read Eat Pray Love. For me I grabbed my inner spiritual self and felt what she was feeling in my own way. I loved Eat. I loved it that much I wanted her to go back there, or more like I want to go to Italy, eat, and find myself some more.

I was very close to the end of the book, and sadness came over me. I knew I was back in the reading world and I was feeling that disappointment you feel when you close the book for the last time. I rushed out and bought another book before I had a chance to turn the last page.

I have taken a lot out of this book, and I am sure I will continue to do so as I walk through my life. I love to read words that help you take another step in your own life. My friend has not finished the book, but I do know why she told me I had to read the book, the same reason why she told me I need to eat more food; to survive.

5 comments:

  1. I tried really hard to finish the book but I stopped after she left Italy. All that delicious food. Sigh. I wished it had just been called Eat. Then I know I wouldve finished it! x

    Eat. Eat. Eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started this book - i was also a little hesitant to read it but i'm really glad I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm.. i am lingering on the end of the second section, not wanting to go amy futher.. you know she has a sequel out? 'commitment'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year little pinwheel ! its nice to see someone else liked it ! I finished this book the other week and i REALLY enjoyed it too ! most people i know bagged the film, but as usual, the book is better ! and you're right, its like a little reminder of everyday things to consider, and relevant no matter who you are ! i was disappointed when i finished ! will you be reading the next one to see what happens ?? i think i will ! :) Lauren X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails