Friday, November 25, 2011

raising them

You cannot believe everything you hear. People tell lies, and people can stretch a story for it to sound better. I know we all have a good go at making a story sound cooler than what it originally was. Taj is the king at it. Seriously this little guy has the best imagination, and his stories blow me away. Of course his sister is not afraid of telling me that he is fibbing! Is it bad that I just let the little guy go on with his stories?


With all the changes happening around here there are a few stories being told. We all know now that Keely hates me, which actually turned in to just not liking me yesterday, to loving me today. It is nice to know I am moving on up in the world. I have no doubt that there will be more rollercoaster rides with having a little girl. I just didn't realise the "H" word would come out at such a young age.

I know why she is on a ride right now, and why she is putting me on that same ride with her. It is because things are different for her, as they are for all of us. I know it is hard for my little girl, and I see it in her, and the way she tests me. I am firmly standing on my two feet, and I can tell you, it is hard. There are times when I know it would be easier to cave in, but I suck it up, and cop that almost 6 year old tantrum. Oh they are good. Not like a 3 year old tantrum. Trust me the "F" word is a word that goes over and over in my head whilst she pushes every single button on my body! Keely is good at finding buttons I didn't even know I had.

Thank you for all of your support with this change in our little life. It is something I do not really know how to approach. Sometimes I hear things that break my heart, and then there are things I hear, and I want to pull out those rock on fingers. But I suck it all up, and I just do what is coming naturally, and that is to just solely be their mum. I will make mistakes, and I will learn from them, as they will too. And I will have the hope that I will raise two beautiful little people.

I see it in their eyes. I see it in their smiles. I hear it in their giggles...... One day at a time. They are beautiful.


Rock your weekend! We are going to have an ace one.... already baked today. Mum is back rockin' the mother of the year status! {For today anyway, tomorrow is a new day with a whole new bunch of buttons}...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails