Sunday, February 5, 2012

race day

There is nothing prouder than the moment you reach the end of the hill climbs, and at the end of the road in front of you is your two beautiful children.


I had a great result from the run on the weekend that leads me into the races I have been training for. I am no short distance runner, but it was nice to see that I am quite capable of running a good time.


There were 4413 runners that completed the race. There were 2544 women competitors, and 933 women in the 30-39 year old age group. I came 337 overall, 34th woman to cross the line, and 10th in my age group. An overall result of top 10% in all areas.

I achieved the time that was set for me, and overall I am one step closer to achieving my first full marathon.


To be proud of your own achievement is a big thing, and to share that with my best friend, Karen who flew from the UK for me is huge, and a moment I will never forget. To have my little people sit and wait for me to run past them, with their sign, will also be something I will never forget. To see their smiles, and their wave at me is what pushed me down that hill. And to then have my coach metres from the finishing line telling me to bring it home, is what got me over the line for the 28 minutes set.

Running is something you either love or hate. Even those of us that love it, can hate it too. But when you run over that line, you realise just how much you love it, when only minutes ago you were questioning your ability to even run.

I could run forever.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I know we don't know each other but you are a constant inspiration. You are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Hayley - you're amazing! I can't believe you fit so much into your life :) Carly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great, good for you xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats fantastic!
    I wish I was a runner - I really do, but sadly I just cant do it. I don't breathe when I run which as you can imagine makes it pretty hard!
    And how cute that your kids made you a sign!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am only just getting my run-freak on. I've signed up to do the 5km Chicks in Pink next month and then the Mother's Day Classic 8km run in May. I know what you mean about loving running. At 33, I really wish I found my love for it a lot sooner!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails