Thursday, February 23, 2012

a happy start

It has been a while since I blogged somewhat the way I used to. It is a little chaotic here with the whole head down and bum up approach to moving. I am focused completely on getting us in our new home. And at the same time rocking a busy time of the year for my businesses.


I do not even know how I find the time to fit it all in, manage to be a mother, a friend, (although a kind of distant one at the moment, but thankfully my friends understand), a runner, and now a girlfriend.

Yes, I have a boyfriend.

I learnt how to date, and let me tell you, it isn't as easy as you think it is! Well for me it wasn't so easy. I was set in my ways, with walls of protection, and a routine that was getting me by each day. I was not too sure how to date, whilst protecting my children, and their feelings. Once I came to the realisation that my little people wanted me to be happy, and they liked the man in mum's life, I let the walls come down. Now you could say I am somewhat vulnerable, but I am vulnerable to a man that cares about me a lot. I am lucky to have him wait for me to be ready, and for him to have understanding of my fears.

I was not too sure if I would share this part of my life here, but hey why not, I have shared so much other stuff in my life! And plus when it comes down to it, we all need to learn how to date again at some stage in our lives, even if it is a date night with your husbands, or wives. Not that I am any expert, although I can share some aspects of it and try to help in the mistakes I made, and the good decisions I made.

One thing I can share right now is that I am happy, and that is all I want out of life; to be happy.

11 comments:

  1. great pic hayley, made me smile! dating is certainly something we all need to not let go of too far; married, defacto or single. as the saying goes - when mumma's happy, everyone is happy ;)

    that much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Hayley...very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. peta (musingsofamartin)February 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM

    and I am happy for YOU.
    rock on, Hayley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm very happy for you! You're right, we all have to learn to start dating some time - my husband & I have been together for 14.5 years, since high school! Dating was a different ball game back them! And now with kids it's another thing again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do deserve to be happy, we all do! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely happy news Hayley! Thanks for a great blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoop whoop! couldn't happen to a nicer woman. x
    p.s. "boy-frrraaann!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on ya hayley! Good to hear. makes me feel a bit more positive x Ivka

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails