Tuesday, February 7, 2012

judging your book cover

Keely chose my running outfit. She often tells me to wear a bra with no singlet when I go for a run. She is the one that tells me that my belly is beautiful. I am 34, I have had two children, and this is my beautiful belly.





Did you see it. Did you see the extra skin on my belly. Were you even looking for it?

I have no issue with my stretch marks. I have learnt to live with them. They are the love lines my little people left behind from my pregnancies. I however have an issue with the extra skin on my stomach. I almost didn't buy these images due to that fact.

My little girl asked me to buy these images. Do you know what Keely saw?

Keely saw images of her mummy running in the purple running bra she asked me to wear.

I am a little disappointed in myself. I truly thought I was over my body image issues. Here I am the mum that never wants her daughter to have any issues with her body, and I still had a moment over mine today.When I run and look down, I don't see the skin. When my girl looks at the photos, she does not see the skin.

I learn something new with parenting everyday, and today my girl taught me one valuable lesson.

When you look beyond your own cover, you see a whole lot more; I now see my running technique, not my skin.

13 comments:

  1. Hayley, you look amazing. I hope that one day, I can learn to love my body and accept my flaws too. Congrats on the running. I'm taking up c25k, I've never run before, and I've been overweight my whole life, but i'm determined that this year, i will run and be healthy, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I see is one MoFo strong body and a hell of a runner. Way to go Blease. Way to go Keely. You both Rock. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look strong and brave Hayley...good for you and Keely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the others before me have said Hayley, you look awesome. I wish I could run like you! All I saw were toned muscles and a very trim, tight stomach. A runners tummy with tonnes of muscle and way more tone than most.Great form and shoes I would like too! You rock! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw it! And I went "Holy fuck, she is just like all the other mothers, only with more muscles" :D You look awesome. Keely has great taste. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful and strong and awesome. That's what I see. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go out everyday in that outfit, if I had a bangin' bod like you miss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! How fabulous do you look! I see nothing but muscles.. through my green with envy eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw powerful legs and a determined face. Belly? Your belly was bare? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look amazing and you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i saw it. after i checked out those pins! you're hawt mumma. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa what legs you have! Amazing and powerful! And your tummy? I WISH mine looked like yours... but after three kids in a short space of time, it will never be I am sure. But I'm happy to keep working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you're certainly inspiring to me!! I'm not sure if it's the way you write or the journey you are sharing, but you have made me see life a little differently ever since I stumbled across your blog (& shop).

    You look amazing and incredibly powerful in those photos that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails