Monday, October 27, 2014

parenting: give yourself credit, it is due

The worst critic is myself. I am awesome at pulling layers off myself, and then having to take the time to put them all back on again. It is exhausting, and it isn't a cool thing to do to yourself. I feel I have pulled back on being as hard on myself as I used to be. Sometimes all it takes is the simplest of things to give yourself a pat on the back.




Today I did just that. Smiled huge, as I looked through old images of my little people.






I have come a long way with being a single parent. My reward is two awesome, beautiful and inspiring little people. I don't think it would matter if I was a single parent or not. We are too hard on ourselves as parents. Maybe today, you too can give yourself a pat on the back.




They are happy, healthy and a reminder of just how perfect I am for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails